Wedding Officiant FAQ

What is your price?
My fee is based on distance from my home and averages $160 to $325.
Add a rehearsal and the fee averages $300 to $625

I am having an Intimate Wedding, is the cost the same?
The cost to perform your wedding is not based on the number of guests, but the distance and time it takes for me to arrive and perform the ceremony.  No matter how short and sweet it is.

What are the minimum requirements?
You must provide a valid Marriage License and a date, time and location.

Do you have reviews and images that I can look at?
Go to..... Wedding Wire  |  Portfolio 

Can we write our own vows?
Absolutely!  OR I also provide a list of vows that are used in a 'repeat after me' format.

St Louis Officiant


Do we meet before the ceremony?
We are not required to meet in person.
If we do, you come to my home in Kirkwood.

Do you come to the rehearsal?
I do not attend a rehearsal, but I can.
Payment of Officiant Plus Rehearsal requires a specific payment plan.
We do rehearse over the phone 24-48 hours before the event.

Is there a deposit to hold the date?  Do you have an agreement?
In most cases there is a Retainer Fee to hold the date, the remainder is due 10 days before event date.
You are required to fill out a Confirmation Form and I respond with an Email Confirmation.
The Email Confirmation is considered our agreement.
For the Officiant Plus Rehearsal Package, there is a specific payment plan to follow.

What do you wear at the ceremony?
I usually wear a black pants outfit, but not a robe.

What can we do to make the ceremony last longer?
You can add parts to the ceremony like a reading, scripture or prayer.
We discuss these details on the phone.
You can symbolize your union with a unity candle, sand, roses etc.
These choices to add MUST be discussed and approved by Carolyn Burke.

What happens if you become unavailable due to illness or conflict?
In the 10 years of performing ceremonies, I have needed to find a substitute only a few times.
I provide a substitute to perform the same ceremony or you have the option to find someone else.

Do you have any special deals or features?
If you come to Kirkwood, MO my fee is $75.
I live in Kirkwood and can help you find a location such as a park or restaurant that will accommodate your style and capacity.

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri Marriage License

15 Unique Ceremony Ideas

Change Your Last Name